Wednesday, April 11, 2007

But...butt...?? But but butt>>>????



Isn`t it funny how you can leave your house and come home to find the strangest things.
And even funnier how you question everyone...but NOONE has any idea what happened.

This poor old chair WAS my computer desk chair. I will admit that its old, ugly and has seated many rear ends over its lifetime. But it was functional...it served a purpose.
After a morning of grocery shopping I arrived home , put the groceries away and grabbed a quick cup of coffee....time to relax and check my email. Yes...have a seat! Or NO seat! Good grief....what happened??



Now keep in mind I have 5 kids....only 3 of them were home during the time of the "mysterious" chair happening. I questioned all of them....NOONE knew anything about it.

Hmmmmmm...was it Goldielocks??? Was she trying out our chairs and just happened to fall through this one?? Should I assume that a stranger broke in to my house (with my children here) and busted out the seat of my chair?? Or was it an alien?? I know....the dog did it!!!

Whatever the case...I decided that because the kids were being rather "angelic" (gee I wonder why) that I would just let it go. Afterall the chair was old and the seat more than likely rotten.
If only it could talk!!!!! LOL

Yardsale? Trash? Goodwill? I`ve decided to give this chair new life.....a little elbow grease...some fabric and paint and it will be a welcome new addition to my studio! Trash to treasures!!

Now to just find the TIME!
I`ll post pics when I`m finished.
Thus ends the "Who done it chair dilema".....until next time

Laurie * * aka Sherlock

7 comments:

gillian said...

Oh my! What a cool chair to fix up! HAVE FUN, when you get the time Sherlock! ;)

~gyl

erin said...

OMG that is so funny! Hope you crack the case! Can't wait to see the chair's new look!

Laurie said...

Thanks Erin...I have some things in mind. Hope to find some extra time over the weekend to work on it!!

Laurie

amelia said...

Laurie~ Hmmm....who could have done it?!?!

I can't wait to see the inspired recovery!

Amelia

My Trendy Tykes said...

I definately want to see the after pic!!

Linda

OliBeli said...

I love that chair! My desk chair is almost dead too, LOL and mysteriously noone knows where it's imjuries came from. Oh the joys of having so many kids! Mothers of singles have a much easier time with the sleuthing that's for sure. BTW, i am a huge antiques fan, Fix that chair!

Kirsten

Laurie said...

Hey Kirsten...
I`m definately going to fix it...though once I do its going to really "show up" the rest of my studio. (okay...I`ll be honest...my studio is actually the laundry, computer, play, school room) But it wants to be a studio SOOOO bad. The chair will be a baby step..LOL
Laurie